The Beginning – 1920s
· The National Association chartered the Real Estate Exchange, formed in 1913 by a group of 20 real estate men, as the Tulsa Real Estate Board on January 1, 1920.
· The Board hired its first Executive Officer and rented its first office.
· The Board established a sales associate membership category.
· The first woman was granted REALTOR membership.
· The Board held the first Home Show.
· The Builders Division of the Tulsa Real Estate separated from the Board to form the Tulsa Home Builder’s Association.
· Through efforts of the Board, the Real Estate License Law was enacted and became effective on January 1, 1950.
· 1951, the Board developed its first Standard Contract.
· The Board rejected a recommendation to form an MLS and several members organized a separate Multiple Listing Service with 30 charter members.
· 1957, the Tulsa Real Estate Board purchased its first office, a two-story house at 13th and Boulder.
· Board established mandatory orientation course for new sales associates.
· Board and MLS merged and Board established MLS as a separate corporation.
· 1968 MLS first computer – a talking computer nicknamed Charley.
· 50th anniversary – name changed to the Metropolitan Tulsa Board of REALTORS.
· The Board sold its 13th and Boulder office and built its present offices.
· First female elected Board president and second female elected MLS President.
· In 1976, the Board and MLS purchased an in-house computer and for the first time, the Boards’ membership records and billing system were generated by computer rather than manually.
· Board developed voluntary Seller Disclosure form.
· Tulsa County Assessor assessment records added to MLS computer system.
· Buyer brokerage entered Tulsa market
· Board added environmental inspection and right to cancel contract if inspection not satisfactory to the Board’s Standard Contract of Sale form.
· The Board purchased its first desktop computer with word processing and laser printer.
· 1991 Board name changed to Greater Tulsa Association of REALTORS
· Established Commercial and Investment Division (CID) and developed commercial forms.
· REALTOR and Sales Associate of the Year awards established.
· Bylaws of the MLS amended to allow offers of cooperation and compensation to buyer brokers.
· Building remodeled the building and Board Store established
· MLS purchased new state of the art computer system and arranged to have digitized color photos to go online.
· GTAR Foundation established.
· 1995 legislation passed requiring Seller Disclosure and fax-on-demand system was installed to allow members to access the Seller’s Disclosure anytime.
· Legislation passed eliminating agency and establishing statutory duties of the real estate license. GTAR and MLS forms and training revised to accommodate change.
· MLS changed to new MarketLinx system
· MLS became Internet Provider Service for members, gave all members an e-mail address and established GTAR/MLS web site with publications, forms etc. available to members.
· MLS changed to Supra Display keybox system in preparation for new infrared keybox.